Cabernet Sauvignon Shallot Butter Recipe
- 3 1/4 ozs Old York Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Bunch of parsley
- Cracked black pepper
- Finely chop the shallot, place in a pan with the Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Bring it to the boil and cook until the wine is reduced (about 5 minutes).
- Set the shallot aside to cool.
- Place butter, parsley and one grind of black pepper into a food processor and whip.
- Add in the Cabernet Sauvignon shallots to the processor and pulse until everything is combined.
- Lay a large strip of plastic wrap out on the counter, spoon the butter into a rough log shape on the center long edge of the plastic wrap (staying in the center third area near the edge).
- Carefully roll the plastic wrap around the butter, then pinch the ends together and keep rolling it tight until you have achieved a tight log shape.
- Tie off the plastic wrap at the ends of the log and chill in the refrigerator.
Cheers & Enjoy!